Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp mace
40g mixed peel
1 egg lightly beaten
2-4 tbsps milk or water
1. Mix together dry ingredients
2. add butter in small pieces and blend into crumbs
3. add fruit
4. add egg and liquid to form a light dough
5. knead and roll out dough to 5 mm thickness
6. cut out circles
7. Butter and preheat pan to medium hot
8. Cook on each side for 5 min or until brown
9. Sprinkle with sugar.