Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 3:40
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 1 loaf
Dietary guidance: v
1 cup water
2 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
3 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread flour
4 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
1 cup raisins
FOR CINNAMON SWIRL VERSION:
2-3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp cinnamon/sugar mixture (approximately)
1. Measure carefully, placing all ingredients, except raisins, in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add raisins at the Raisin/Nut signal, or 5 to 10 minutes before the last kneading cycle. ends.
If completing loaf in machine:
* Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust colour.
* Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
If doing the cinnamon swirl and baking in traditional oven:
* Select dough cycle. Remove from pan when cycle is complete.
* Roll dough out flat (approximately 1/4" high, 9" wide, by whatever
length you end up with).
* Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
* Roll up tight. Place in greased loaf pan.
* Lightly grease (butter or Crisco) top of loaf.
* Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a tea towel.
* Let rise approximately 1 hour.
* Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
* Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack