Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 55 min
This is for 1 loaf of bread
* 1 cup all-purpose flour or bread flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
*1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Found from allrecipes.com - I slightly modified.
1. Preheat the oven to 335 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaf for 2 hours or more before serving.