Dietary guidance: v
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 eggs, separated
50g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2cup coconut milk
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
a pinch of salt
2tsp baking soda
3tbs caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Spread the coconut on a baking tray, place in the oven & toast for about 10mins or until golden brown. Set aside to cool..
2. Place egg yolks, melted butter, milk, coconut milk, vanilla & toasted coconut in a mixing bowl & stir to combine.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking soda & sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually stir in coconut mixture until just combined.
4. Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl & beat until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites through batter.
5. Cook waffles according to packet directions.
6. Serve with slices of fresh mango, pour palm syrup over the mango slices & place another wallfe on top.