Serves: Makes 16
Dietary guidance: v
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 & 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 & 1/2 cups chocolate bits
1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Place butter & sugar in a bown and beat until light & creamy. Add vanilla & egg and stir to combine.
2. Stir in the sifted flour, baking powder & salt until just combined. Fold through chocolate chips.
3. Place spoonfuls of cookie mixture on a greased & lined baking tray, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 15-20mins, until they turn pale gold.
4. Allow to cool on the tray for 5mins before placing on a wire rack to cool further.
* Also good eaten straight out of the oven - don't burn your fingers!