Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
Dietary guidance: v
450g good quality dark chocolate, in small pieces
5 egg whites
4 egg yolks
300ml cream, whipped
1. Place chocolate, brandy & 50ml of water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Place over low heat & warm until chocolate hs melted. Leave to cool for 5mins.
2. In a small clean dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Add egg yolks to chocolate mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold cream into chocolate mixture & then fold in egg white ini two batches, using a large metal spoon.
5. Pour chocolate mousse into serving bowls or glasses & refrigerate until set.