Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
5 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp cornflour
For the prawns
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 large garlic cloves, chopped
3 medium red chillies, chopped
3 cm fresh root ginger, chopped
300g raw tiger prawns, de-veined and shells removed
200ml boiling water
1 tbsp strained lime juice
2 Spring onions, shredded
4 tbsp picked coriander leaves, chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and leave on one side.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan, and add the vegetable oil. Toss in the chopped garlic, ginger and chillies, and stir fry for about 30 seconds, until the chillies have darkened.
3. Add the prawns and continue frying for about 3-4 minutes - until they turn pink.
4. Stir in the sauce, bring to a simmer and pour in the boiling water.
5. Sharpen with the lime juice and add the spring onion and chopped coriander. Serve straight away with boiled rice or thin egg noodles (Thai style).