Cooking time: 12
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
For every 1 cup of pumpkin seeds, use 1 egg white and 1 Tablespoon of seasoning.
I used Kosher Salt and Pepper half/half mix
(I've also used curry powder and a mix of chili powder/cumin and salt - taco seeds!)
1) Rinse and clean pumpkin seeds, picking out all the pulp
2) Dry them off a little - either a paper towel or a kitchen towel.
3) Beat egg white until fluffy
4) Add seeds to egg white and coat all the seed.
5) If there is any excess egg whites, remove it (if you can - or not)
6) Add the seasoning and mix around until all the seeds are covered.
7) Spread seeds on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pam
8) Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
9) Using a spatula, toss the seeds around - breaking them up, turning them over, etc.
10) Bake another 2-4 minutes
11) test seeds, and determine if they need another couple of minutes.
Sometimes I broil them for a minute at the end to get a good crispness on them.
Watch them very carefully so they don't burn.