Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 1 hour
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 cup extra virgin olive oil.
Juice of 4 lemons
6 garlic cloves sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
¼ cup oregano
1 glass white wine
1. Wash and clean the quails.
2. Put a few tablespoons of the olive oil and chopped onions in a large pot. Sautee the onions until semi-translucent..
3. Add the quail and brown each bird on both sides. Do not allow them to stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir continuously!
4. Add the garlic and rest of the oil. Add ½ a cup of hot water. Add the oregano and bay leaf and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add the juice of all the lemons and ½ a glass of white wine.
6. Continue simmering for another 15 minutes and until the quail are tender.
7. Serve the quails and add the remaining sauce from the pot over them.
Serve with a glass of white wine and crusty bread (to get all that delicious sauce). You can do the Ladorigani, with various types of meats. It is particularly good with pork..
The sauce makes an excellent topping for a spaghetti side dish. Sprinkle liberally with grated Regiano Parmegiano cheese for a delicious and fulfilling meal!
See this an many other recipes being prepared on our YouTube channel:
You can also follow us on Facebook: