1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 Tbsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 pounds (1.35 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
â€¢ 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
â€¢ 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (not fat-free)
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut each chicken thigh in half. Place chicken pieces in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 the marinade to bag (reserve remaining marinade). Turn bag several times to coat chicken with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and fold or roll the chicken pieces into uniform oblong â€œwings.â€ Place wings on baking sheet close together (touching), as this will help them hold their shape. Bake for about 10 minutes, until partially cooked and still pink in the middle.
4. Meanwhile, preheat gas grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill rack lightly with oil or spray with cooking spray. Using tongs, transfer par-baked wings to grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting often with reserved marinade. The more you baste, the better they taste! They should have some nice grill marks on them. Serve hot wings with cold blue cheese dip.
1. Whirl together all dip ingredients in the bowl of a mini food processor until almost smooth. The dip shouldnâ€™t be perfectly smooth like sour cream; it should have some texture, but no lumps. You can mash the blue cheese and mix the dip by hand, but it will be chunky. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Keeps in the fridge for about two days.