Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
I box cake mix (2 layer size) white or golden
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 lrg eggs
1 cup sour cream or vanilla greek yogurt
1/3 cup milk or juice - orange or apple
1 can pie filling - apple, blueberry, strawberry & rhubarb, cherry,
raspberry or peach
1/2 cup chopped nuts - walnuts, almonds or pecans
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 to 1 1/2 tsp milk
- grease and flour a 9x13 inch oblong baking pan (I just use Pam)
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk and spices in a lrg bowl with a electric mixer until mixed thoroughly
- Pour mixture into prepared pan
- Drop spoonfuls of pie filling over batter carefully and then drag a spatula or knife thew it to marble fruit and cake mixture.
- Bake 30 mins in a preheated 350 oven
- Sprinkle the nuts on to the hot cake right out of the oven
- While cake is cooling for about 15 mins, mix together icing sugar, vanilla and milk to make a thin icing. If you wish a bit thicker icing just add more icing sugar.
- When cake is still warm, drizzle icing over the cake.
- Great served warm with a hot cup of coffee or tea
* Have made apple with pecans, blueberry with almonds and cherry with walnuts, coffee cakes with white or gold cake mixes, Mix and match flavor to what your feel like or what you have in your cupboard.
* Easy favorite recipe that I have made for years and I'm not sure the actual source of it was when I made my first one but have tried different mixtures since, which all were delicious.
* Easy cake to take to a brunch or just coffee with family and friends.