Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
For the brownies:
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
4 Tbs. cocoa
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped almonds, plus more for garnish
1 cup marshmallows
For the sauce:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter, room temp
3 Tbs. cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add one egg to the mixture at a time, beating after each one.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and cocoa. Stir into butter mixture and combine well.
3. Add the vanilla and chopped almonds to the mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Lightly grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour brownie mixture into pan and bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Bring out of the oven, sprinkle the marshmallows over the top, and stick back in the oven for 5 minutes. You donâ€™t want the mallows to brown, just starting to soften.
5. While itâ€™s baking, whisk together the powdered sugar, butter, cocoa and vanilla in a bowl. Add the evaporated milk to create a wonderful chocolate sauce. If you need to add more, go for it.
6. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the brownies, let cool at room temperature for at least an hour (THE PAIN, I KNOW), slice and inhale!
Oh! Garnish with more chopped almonds if so desired. Which you should probably so desire.