Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
10 medium size shrimp
4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 oz. sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1½ cups penne pasta
¼ cup crumbled Greek Feta* (could also use French Feta*)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Grated Regiano Parmegiano cheese or Greek Myzithra*
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and a little extra virgin olive oil.
2. Cook the pasta until al-dente - tender but firm to the bite (about 7 minutes).
3. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
4. In a medium sauté pan add olive oil over medium heat. Add sun dried tomatoes, basil, Feta cheese and shrimp.
5. Sauté and toss a few times until Feta melts and shrimp turns pink.
6. Add penne pasta to sauté pan and stir and toss a couple of times.
7. Place on a plate and sprinkle the Regiano or Myzithra cheese.
8. Sprinkle chopped parsley as garnish.
Serve with a glass of red wine.
* Available at Nabeel's Market only
To see a video of this and other recipes being prepared, please visit our Youtube channel:
This recipe is from the book, "Beloved Family Recipes," by John Krontiras. If you would like to purchase a copy from a local Birmingham publisher please visit Alabama Booksmith: