Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 15
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbl. butter
1 tbl. shallot, minced
1 tea. flour
1 c. port wine
1 c. heavy cream
salt & pepper
1. Fillet chicken breasts or pound flat to 1/4". Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbl. butter and sear chicken on one side. Cooking until golden brown. Flip and just finish cooking. Place chicken on baking sheet and keep warm in 200 degree warm oven.
3. Return skillet to heat without washing. Add 1 tbl. butter, minced shallot, and flour. Cook until shallot is translucent, about 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Add wine to pan. Let boil until reduced by half, scrapping the bottom to release anything stuck.
5. Add cream to pan and let simmer until reduced by half. Whisk to prevent curdling. If cream curdles, whisk in 1 tbl. boiling water.
6. Serve sauce over chicken immediately.