Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 3 hours
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n g d
Vanilla Pod shopping list
â€¢ 1 jar Ogilvie & Co Pasta Sauce with White Wine
â€¢ 6 x anchovy, fillets
Other Shopping List
â€¢ 4 x lamb shanks
â€¢ sea salt and ground pepper
â€¢ 1 x teaspoon coriander seeds
â€¢ 1 x small fresh chilli, chopped
â€¢ 1 x tblspn fresh rosemary (chopped)
â€¢ 1 x tblspn flour
â€¢ 1 x tblspn olive oil
â€¢ 1 carrot, quartered & finely sliced
â€¢ 6 sticks celery, quartered & sliced
â€¢ 1 x tblspn fresh rosemary (garnish)
1. Season the lamb with salt and pepper & dust with the flour.
2. Heat oil in a thick-bottomed casserole pan, brown the meat & remove from pan.
3. Add carrot, celery, rosemary and a pinch of salt and cook until softened.
4. Add the pasta sauce and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add the anchovies, shake the pan and return the lamb.
6. Bring to the boil, & cook in the oven with lid on at 160 degrees for 2 ½ hours, then remove the lid and cook for a further ½ an hour.
7. Skim off any fat and taste for seasoning. Stir in a handful of roughly chopped rosemary. Serve with either mash, couscous or rice.