Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 4 Servings
Dietary guidance: v
1 (8 ounce) package tempeh
3 -4 crushed garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 lemon, juice of
greek pocketless pita
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 onion, diced
1. Slice tempeh medium thin.
2. Marinate in olive oil, soy sauce, crushed garlic, dried oregano and lemon juice. After 1 hour (or longer) saute in frying pan until crispy.
3. Meanwhile mix diced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of oil in a small bowl.
4. Heat pita on each side in frying pan.
5. To assemble, place pita on a plate, lay tempeh over pita, spoon on tomato and cucumber mixture and top with tzatziki.
6. I eat mine with a knife and fork, but my husband prefers to fold his in half and eat with his hands. Either way, this is my favourite tempeh dish!