Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 6 Servings
Dietary guidance: v
3 (14 ounce) packages extra firm tofu
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 ounces panko (1/2 a bag) or 3 1/2 ounces breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons garlic granules
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Coat 1 cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Get a wide shallow microwavable bowl and put the soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar & water in it and whisk it until it's smooth.
4. Place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and then whisk it again. It should be a sauce like consistency, not too thick, not too thin.
5. Now get another wide shallow bowl and put the panko crumbs, garlic granules, poultry seasoning & sea salt in it.
6. Drain the packages of tofu and cut into strips the size and length of a finger. There should be 8 strips to a package of tofu.
7. Use the Wet Hand-Dry Hand method of soaking the tofu strips into the wet mixture of soy sauce and corn starch with your wet hand, then placing them one or two at a time into the crumbs and coating them with your dry hand.
8. Place the strips onto the cookie sheet and place them in the oven.
9. Cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes and then turn the oven heat off and let them sit in there to dry out and stiffen up to your likeness.
10. Cut these strips in half if you'd like to make more of them. Serve and enjoy!