Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 30 Wontons
1 3/4 cups shelled frozen edamame (10 oz. package)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
30 round wonton wrappers (3 1/2 in. diameter)
Soy sauce, for serving
1. Cook edamame according to package instructions.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain edamame and set 3/4 cup aside.
3. In a blender, whirl remaining 1 cup edamame with ginger, lemon juice, salt, and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup reserved cooking water.
4. Transfer edamame paste to a bowl, mix with whole edamame and chives.
5. Bring a large, deep pot of salted water to a gentle boil and add vegetable oil.
6. Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp. edamame filling and top filling with a cilantro leaf (cover unfilled wrappers with a moist towel). Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over filling, and press to seal. Boil wontons in batches until they float to surface, 2 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.