Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
â€¢ ¼ cup (½ stick) butter (not margarine)
â€¢ ¼ cup light olive oil
â€¢ 2 chicken bouillon cubes crushed
â€¢ ¼ heaping teaspoon garlic powder
â€¢ 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning (Cavenderâ€™s)
â€¢ 2, (2-inch thick) beef tenderloin steaks
â€¢ 8 ounces of spaghetti, (cooked & drained)
â€¢ Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat the butter, olive oil, bouillon cubes, garlic powder and seasoning in a sauce pan until the butter is melted, stirring frequently.
2. Pour over steaks in a small baking pan. Turn the steaks to coat.
3. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, then turn the steaks.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or to desired doneness.
5. Remove the steaks to serving plate.
6. Combine the hot pasta and pan juices in a bowl and toss to coat.
7. Top generously with cheese and serve with steaks.
NOTE: This recipe makes steaks that taste very close to those at Northwestern Steakhouse, but I think their secret is the oven they cook it in â€“ or at least thatâ€™s what the waitresses tell me.