Cooking time: 1 hour
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
â€¢ 1/3 cup butter, softened
â€¢ 3/4 cup sugar
â€¢ 2 eggs
â€¢ 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
â€¢ 1 teaspoon vanilla
â€¢ 2 cups mashed and cooked butternut squash
â€¢ 1/2 cup Rice Krispy cereal
â€¢ 1/4 cup brown sugar
â€¢ 1/4 cup chopped pecans
â€¢ 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir in squash. Mixture will be thin.
3. Pour into a greased 11-by-7-inch baking pan.
4. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes or until almost set.
5. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over casserole.
5. Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.