Cooking time: 20 mins
Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
â€¢ 14 large hard-boiled eggs
â€¢ 2 T. vegetable-flavored cream cheese, softened
â€¢ 1/3 c. plain cream cheese, softened
â€¢ ½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
â€¢ ½ c. browned, crumbled and drafted breakfast sausage
â€¢ ½ tsp. ground black pepper
â€¢ 4 tsp. finely chopped fresh chives, divided
â€¢ ½ c. finely shredded Mexican cheese plus 2 T. for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice 12 eggs in half and remove yolks. Place yolks in a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.
3. Finely Chop the two remaining eggs and add to the yolks.
4. Mix in the cream cheeses, Old Bay, sausage, pepper, 2 teaspoons of chopped chives and ½ cup cheese.
5. Stuff egg white halves with mixture and place in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
6. Top with remaining cheese and chives.
NOTE: For no-fuss cleanup, bake the eggs and transport them to the tailgate in disposable foil pans.