Cooking time: 2-3min*
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1-1.5 white fish fillets, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces (fresh or frozen and thawed)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 green chilies, sliced into strips
2 medium onions, sliced into strips
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, or 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
6 curry leaves, or bay laurel leaves, or kaffir lime leaves, or basil
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground Turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek (Methi)
3 tablespoon of curry powder mix. (Instead of the 5 spices noted above)
2 cups un-sweetened coconut milk
2 teaspoons salt
1. In the preheated pressure cooker on medium-low heat without the lid, add a swirl of oil and then drop in the curry leaves and lightly fry them until golden around the edges (about 1 minute).
2. Then add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion is soft. Add all of the ground spices: Coriander, Cumin, Tumeric, Chili Powder and Fenugreek and sauté them together with the onions until they have released their aroma (about 1 minutes).
3. De-glaze with the coconut milk making sure to un-stick anything from the bottom and incorporate it in the sauce. Add the Green Chiles, Tomatoes and fish pieces. Stir to coat the fish well with the mixture.
4. Bring to pressure on high heat. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook 2-3 minutes at high pressure (or for 5 minutes at low pressure). When time is up, release pressure using the Normal method - release vapor through the valve.
5. Add salt to taste and spritz with lemon juice just before serving.
*Note: Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.