Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
¾ pound medium-sized shrimp
¼ cup tomato paste (or puree)
1-2 cloves garlic
A pinch of saffron
1 cup short-grain rice
1 ¾ cups hot â€œshrimp waterâ€
1 cup green beans and/or lima beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In sauce pan, lightly cook beans in salted water.
2. Peel shrimp. In another pot, boil the shells (only the shells) in salted water to make â€œshrimp waterâ€.
3. In pressure cooker, add ¼ cup olive oil and tomato paste. Stir until hot.
4. Reduce heat, add rice, beans, saffron and shrimp. Mix well, add â€œshrimp waterâ€.
5. Close and lock. Bring to pressure and cook for 8 minutes at high pressure.
6. Release pressure using natural release method.