Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 ½ cups short-grain sushi rice
2 ½ cups water
¼ cup rice vinegar (also known as sushi vinegar)
2 tablespoons Mirin (sweetened sake)
1 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse the rice under cold water and drain. Place in the cooker.
2. Add water and set to rice cook.
3. In the meantime, mix the salt, Mirin and Rice Vinegar in a measuring cup- stirring well to dissolve the salt.
4. Once the rice cook cycle is complete, release pressure but leave the lid closed and allow the rice to rest on the warm setting for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the rice and place in a non-metallic bowl. Swirl the dressing over the rice in a spiral pattern and gently stir the mixture into the rice with a rice paddle. The rice should have a sticky texture with a glossy appearance. This rice is intended to be used for preparing sushi rolls with Nori (seaweed) sheets along with the vegetable & seafood ingredients of your choice