Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
4 slices bacon, diced
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup diced potato
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups cooking milk
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
oregano, salt & pepper
1. In a medium saucepot, add onion, celery and carrot and saute about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper and saute 3 minutes more.
2. Melt butter and flour, stir constantly.
3. Stir in chicken stock a little at a time.
4. Whisk in cooking milk, add the remaining and bring up to a simmer. Cover and simmer soup until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Add bacon and season to taste.