Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v g
4 egg whites
3 egg yolks
3 tsp icing sugar
70g low protein flour
25g cooking oil
cream : egg white + sugar
1. Line a parchment paper in a rectangular baking tray.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and 2 tsp icing sugar, add milk, flour and oil, continue to whisk until yolks have turn light yellow and stiff.
3. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with 1 tsp icing sugar.
4. Using a spatula, add 1/3 of egg yolk mixture to egg white and fold in.
5. Then fold in the batter into the remaining egg yolk mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the lined baking tray. Bake at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. After baking, allow the sponge layer cool for 1/2 hour on a wire rack.
8. Place a parchment paper under neath the cake and invert the cake. Peel off the lining paper on top.
9. Slice some thin cut vertically and spread cake with jam/chopped nuts evenly over.
10. Roll up with with another paper on top, wrapped and let it cool completely in fridge.