Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 60 min
Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
3 TBS Olive Oil
1/2 onion - chopped
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1/2 Cup Celery - diced
1 1/2 Cup of diced ham (you can buy it that way or chop cubed ham)
4 Cups of diced potatoes
3 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I have used a 32oz carton - it is about 4 Cups)
2 TBS Crushed Chicken bouillon (granules)
4 TBS Butter/Margarine
4 TBS Flour
2 Cups of Half & Half
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1. In Dutch Oven, over med high heat - heat the olive oil, when hot (not smoking) add onions - cook (saute) for 3 minutes, then add garlic and celery and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Add Ham & Potatoes, Broth and crush chicken granules. Bring to Boil.
3. After it boils, reduce heat to Low, Cover and Simmer for 15 minutes.
4.In the meantime, in a saucepan over med heat, melt the better, add flour, stir to combine, Cook for 1 minute, then slowly add the half and half, whisking/stirring constantly, break up any lumps
5.Cook 20-25 minutes (you can add more flour or half & half to get it to your desired thickness)
6. Turn off heat - add cheddar cheese.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste