Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 45
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
2 tablespoons Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2cup Pecan Halves or Pieces
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, generously grease 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in pan.
2. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples.
3. In small bowl, mix remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans. Spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan.
5. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate any remaining coffee cake.
* I have also done this recipe minus the apples and just added cinnamon sugar to the butter.