Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
225g Plain Flour
2 tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Mixed Spice
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
5 Humzingers Fruit Sticks (thinly sliced)
60g Light Muscovado Sugar
50g Golden Syrup
1 Small Egg (beaten)
1. Preheat oven to 1600C (gas mark 3)
and grease two large baking sheets.
2. Sift the flour, ginger, mixed spice and
bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
Stir in the Humzingers pieces.
3. Place the butter, sugar and syrup into
a saucepan over a low heat and stir
4. Pour onto the dry ingredients stirring
in well and add the egg.
5. Mix together to make a dough. The
dough will be sticky to begin with but
become firmer as it cools.
6. Roll out to 3mm thick and use a
gingerbread cutter to stamp out the
7. Place on the baking sheets. Decorate
with cherries or cranberries for the
mouth. Use the currants for the eyes.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or
until firm and golden brown.
9. Allow to cool and transfer onto a
10. Use the mixed coloured icing to
decorate the people.