Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 40
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, minced
3 cups chopped spinach or other greens
¼ cup water
½ cup non-fat or low-fat milk*
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Jack cheese*
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease 8-by-8-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon oil.
3. In large frying pan, cook onion in 1 teaspoon oil until soft and brown.
4. Stir in spinach and water. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes
5. In large bowl mix together eggs, milk, and cheeses. Add in onion and spinach. Stir.
6. Pour mixture into baking dish.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes until slightly browned on top and firm to the touch.