Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
450g macaroni pasta/spaghetti
100g unsalted butter
100g all-purpose flour
125g cream cheese
4slices cheddar cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and boil until tender to taste.
2. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
3. In a large pan, melt butter over low heat.
4. Slowly whisk in milk and add flour. Stir mixture up to a simmer, whisking constantly. Of lumps do occur, strain and return to heat.
5. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Add button mushroom.
6. Stir in cheddar until melted.
7. Stir in cooked macaroni about 5 mins.