Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 28
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 24-26 bites
1 head of cauliflower,
1 cup of water
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese
¼ cup of shredded cheese (either cheddar or mozzarella will work)
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of Gluten Free Panko bread crumbs (plain will work but panko is recommended)
Optional: 2 Tablespoons of ground flax meal
1. Place 1 cup of water into a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add diced cauliflower florets to water. Cover with lid and reduce to medium.
3. Let cook approximately 15 minutes, until tender.
4. Drain water and let cool approximately 10 minutes.
5. Before mashing, again drain any excess moisture from pan. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
6. Using a potato masher, mash florets.
7. Add ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Mix together.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, optional ground flax meal, remaining ¼ teaspoon of Garlic & Herb Seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
10. Begin forming balls in your hands with the mashed cauliflower mixture, approximately 1â€³ to 1.5â€³ in diameter.
11. Roll ball into bread crumb mixture then place on baking sheet. Repeat until cauliflower mixture is gone.
12. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-28 minutes, until bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
13. Serve on a platter with your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard or creamy ranch.