Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 70-75 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
250 pkg cream cheese
¾ cup margarine
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
21/4 cups sifted cake and pastry flour
Icing sugar - sifted
1. Combine softened cream cheese margarine sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing at low speed until well blended.
3. Add lemon rind.
4. Gradually add flour and baking powder combined, mixing at low speed until well blended.
5. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9-inch tube pan. Bake at 325°F for 70 - 75 mins or until cake tests done with toothpick.
6. Cool for 10 mins then remove from pan.
7. Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and ENJOY!