Preparation time: 1 hr 15 min
Cooking time: 6 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking flour
1 teaspoon salt
1. Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that's a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
2. Measure 1 cup of sugar.
3. Pour sugar over butter.
4. With fork, squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
5. Crack shells of two eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
6. Measure 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour over mixture.
7. With fork, blend everything in the bowl together.
8. Measure 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
9. Measure 1 teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
10. Measure 1 teaspoon of salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
11. Mix everything together either with the fork or with your hands.
12. Put dough in icebox (freezer) to chill (at least one hour) covered in plastic wrap.
A. When you want to bake some cookies, take out of icebox (freezer) and place in the refrigerator to thaw them a bit.
B. Remove plastic wrap. Cut in 1 inch thick slices.
C. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line your cookie sheets with Parchment paper.
D. Place the dough slices between 2 pieces of wax paper, roll out to 1/4" thick. You can use cookie cutters to cut out cute cookies.
E. Bake for 6 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
F. Let cool & enjoy!