Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n d
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
6 medium Gala or Fuji or Honey Crisp apples
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil.
3. Peel and slice the apples and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.)
4. Mix together the baking soda and flour and add to the ingredients in the bowl. Mix well (best with a fork) until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients.
5. Pour mixture into a greased one 9x13 or two 9â€³ round pans.
6. Bake for approximately 55 minutes.