Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v n d
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
2 (12 ounce) packages cranberries (fresh or frozen, preferably fresh)
1 1/4 cups sugar (can use more)
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
1. Drain the pineapple thoroughly in a fine sieve set over a large measuring cup (push the pineapple against the sieve to drain out any extra juice).
2. Add enough water to the measuring cup (with the juice in it) to make 2 cups liquid.
3. Place the liquid in a saucepan.
4. Add in cranberries and sugar.
5. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
6. Continue to boil until most of the berries pop (you might want to keep a splatter screen or a lid over until the berries are finished popping) and the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes) remove from heat.
7. Add in drained pineapple, orange juice and cloves; mix until well combined.
8. Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
9. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.