Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n
1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg white
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
½ cup regular or mini chocolate chips
1. Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. This is important, so donâ€™t forget!
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, egg and egg white; mix on medium-low until smooth and well combined.
5. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and almond milk; mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
If making muffins:
a. Evenly divide batter into prepared liners. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
If making a loaf:
a. pour into loaf pan. Bake 40-45 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.