Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n d
For the Rub:
1/2 lb of pork tenderloin side.
1-tsp meat tenderizer Mrs. dash or equal.
1-tsp dill weed
1-tsp garlic powder
1-tsp ground pepper
1-tsp oregano flakes
1-tsp salt fine
1-Tbsp brown sugar
FOR BBQ FALVORING: -add after pork has cooked.
1/4 cup clover honey
1 bottle HP BBQ sauce or your favorite BBQ brown sauce.
1/2 Tbsp Frenches yellow mustard
Have on hand:
small yellow onion-diced fine in a chopper
paper towels dry plate
small mixing bowl.
1/2 cup cold water
1/3 cup cooking oil
tongs or spear fork.
crockpot with auto-setting or low.
1. Prepare pork by removing excess fat. trim fat into small pieces to put in side-dish beans.
2. Dump DRY ingredients into small bowl. The swish bowl around by hand to combined or mix with a fork.
3. Using a a dry plate plate pat pork until dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle rub over pork and distribute with your hand until evenly coated. Coat all sides evenly. If pork has any small cuts from butcher then fill these in with the herbs. you want the pork to be covered in turmeric & herbs on all sides.
4. Brown seasoned pork in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until it is crispy or golden in color. Keep turning pork with tongs until every inch has seared. If standing pork up cos long use a spear-fork to prevent it from falling over.
5. Place onions and water in bottom of a crock pot and turn on high. Lay the seared pork gently on top of the bed of fine onions. Some people use onion soup mix here but it's hard to find in Asia. Cover and cook for 4-hrs on high.
6. 1-hr before serving. remove the pork to a plate and let it cool down some. Dump out the onions and wipe the crock-pot down as pork cools. Mix honey, mustard, and BBQ sauce into a small bowl. Set aside
7. Using spear-fork and another large fork gently pull the pork apart with the grain facing downward. Put pulled pork into the crock pot. Poor sauce over the pork and set to low. Ready your buns for heaven.
*Suitable for non-Muslims, makes approx. 12-sandwiches