Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n d
1 zucchini, sliced
1 yellow squash, sliced
½ red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup fat-free Italian dressing
2 cups brown rice, cooked
¼ cup soy Parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
2-quart covered casserole dish (microwave safe)
microwave (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
a measuring cup
1. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix vegetables and dressing together in the casserole dish.
3. Cook vegetables in microwave for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the vegetables.
5. Serve vegetables over rice.