Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n
1 cup water
½ cup rolled oats
dash of salt
¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
a pinch of cinnamon
2 tsp. brown sugar
measuring cups and spoons
stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
1. Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
2. Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
4. Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
6. Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.