Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 35 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n
80 grams butter - not margarine please!
â…“ cup sugar
1 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 litre of milk (4 cups)
2 ounces of softened butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs (separated)
â…“ cup cake flour
â…“ cup corn flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR PIE CRUST:
1. Preheat oven to 180â°C / 350â°F
2. Cream the butter and sugar together and beat in the egg.
3. Add the flour and salt and blitz until it all clumps together to form a dough.
4. Press the mixture into a greased pie dish and chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
1. Bring the milk to the boil.
2. Cream the sugar, egg yolks, flour, cornflour and vanilla extract.
3. Add some of the hot milk to the creamed mixture, then pour it back into the pot and heat gently until it thickens. Do not boil.
4. Add the butter.
5. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form and fold into the custard.
6. Pour into the chilled pastry case and sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Bake for +- 30-35 minutes.