Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: g d
4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
½ medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 large eggs
¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best)
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma (or bacon)
Freshly ground pepper
A regular 12 cup muffin tin
1. Preheated the oven to 375°F and prep veggies.
2. Heat half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sautéed the onions until soft and translucent.
3. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook them until the mushroom moisture has evaporated. Then, seasoned the filling with salt and pepper and spooned it on a plate to cool to room temperature.
4. For the batter, beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Then, added the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and stirred to combine.
5. Brushed the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and line each cup with prosciutto (or bacon), taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
6. Spooned in the frittata batter and topped each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
7. Popped the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes flipping the tray at the halfway point (i.e. rotating the tray 180 degrees).
8. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Easy, tasty, and portable!