Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: g d
1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1â€³ thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F and lightly coat with olive oil. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (itâ€™s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1â€³ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
Serve hot and Enjoy