Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
1 cup molasses
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup boiling water
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan.
2. Combine the molasses, baking soda and butter in a large bowl.
3. Add salt, ginger and boiling water. Stir well and gradually blend in flour. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. 6. Cool and frost with your favourite icing.