Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v g d
1 cup hazelnuts
1 cup almonds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup brazil nuts
¼ cup amaranth
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon black strap molasses
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1-2 teaspoon sea salt (to your taste)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup and all the spices/seasonings.
3. Combine the nuts and seeds in a separate mixing bowl.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and seeds and stir until thoroughly coated.
5. Using a flat baking sheet, spread the nut mixture to ensure even toasting.
6. Check every 5 minutes and stir.
7. Keep an eye on this mixture, every oven setting is different and when toasting nuts and seeds they burn very quickly
8. Take out of the oven and let cool to become crisp
9. Keep in an air tight bag/container at room temperature for keeping.