5 cups full fat milk / whole milk
75 grams of vermicelli
2 ½ tbsp sugar (optional, replace with mashed soft dates)
½ cup chopped dates
½ cup nuts (cashews, pistachios)
2 tbsp raisins
butter as needed (2 to 4 tbsp)
â…› tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp rose water (optional)
a few saffron strands (optional)
1. Put the slivered almonds & pistachios with melted butter in a frying pan to dry roast until golden brown. Also sauté the raisins. Set all aside for later.
2. In the same pan, fry the vermicelli noodle until golden. Set this aside as well.
3. Put milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
4. Put dates in a bowl with some milk to soak them. Set aside.
5. Add the toasted vermicelli to the milk in saucepan and cook on low heat until the noodles are soft.
6. Add the sugar and stir.
7. Add the cardamom powder and stir well. Turn off the heat now and add the milk soaked dates along with the milk into the saucepan.
8. Add the roasted almonds, pistachios, and raisins along with butter into the vermicelli noodles.
9. Serve warm & enjoy!