Dietary guidance: v
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Sift together dry ingredients in large bowl and create a well at the bottom for wet ingredients to be added later.
2. Combine wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to the well in the bowl of dry ingredients and gradually incorporate dry ingredients until batter is smooth with slight resistance when pouring. Add additional milk or flour if necessary to obtain correct consistency. Batter should not be completely loose, but remember that we're not making muffins here either!
4. Melt a small amount of butter into a pre-heated pan over medium heat. use a paper towel to absorb excess butter. ladle batter into pan and tilt pan to distribute batter across the entire bottom (I like big pancakes!). Watch heat carefully and make adjustments to ensure pancakes don't burn. add additional butter to pan, every few pancakes.
5. Cook pancakes until bubbles in middle pop. Flip pancake and cook an additional couple of minutes or until golden brown.