5 medium organic bananas (ripe, peeled and mashed)
1/2 cup Organic Valley Salted Butter (melted and cooled)
3 Organic Valley Grade A Extra Large Brown Eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour (spelt or whole wheat)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins, dried apricots, or cherries (optional)
Organic Valley Neufchatel Cheese (optional schmear)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe (spots are okay) bananas until smooth. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Aloow the butter to cool and add to the banana mash.
2. With an electric mixer, whip banana/butter mixture and slowly add eggs, one at a time. Whip until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well until smooth. Add optional ingredients if desired.
5. Pour batter into 2 well buttered loaf pans and place into the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes. Check loaves after 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cook on baking racks prior to service.
Spread on some room-temperature butter or Organic Valley Neufchatel Cheese for a great snack!
111 Calories, 1g Fat (10.3% calories from fat), 3g Protein, 21g Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fiber, 34mg Cholesterol, 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch), 1/2 Fruit, 0 Fat.