250 g plain chocolate biscuits
125 g butter or margarine
250 g cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon gelatine
1/2 cup water
300 mL thickened cream
1 425 g can black cherries
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
3/4 cup cherry syrup
1 tablespoon rum
1. Crush biscuits finely, add melted butter and mix well.
2. Press onto the base and sides of a greased 20 cm springform tin and
refrigerate while preparing filling.
1. Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over water then dissolve over hot water. Allow to cool.
3. Add gelatine to cream cheese mixture and beat well.
4. Whip up cream and fold into mixture.
5. Drain and pit cherries, reserve syrup.
6. Spoon one-third of the filling onto the crust and arrange half the cherries
over it. Spoon on another third of the filling and arrange the remainder of the
cherries on top.
7. Place sugar and cornflour into a saucepan. Gradually stir in the syrup.
8. Stir over heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add rum. Stir for a few
minutes to cool slightly.
9. Spread over cheesecake and swirl lightly into cheese mixture.
10. Refrigerate until set.
11. To decorate pipe cream around edge.
Note: This recipe may be made as a slice using a 28 x 18 cm lamington tin.