Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
200g/7oz risotto rice
50ml/2fl oz white wine
300ml/10fl oz hot chicken stock
50g/1¾oz frozen peas
1 small handful fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp double cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g/1¾oz salmon fillet, cooked and flaked
* Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for three minutes or until the ingredients have softened but not coloured.
* Add the rice to the saucepan and stir well for 2-3 minutes, oruntil the grains turn translucent.
* Add the wine to the saucepan and turn up the heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the wine has been absorbed.
* Gradually add the hot chicken stock to the saucepan, a ladleful at a time and stir continuously, only adding the next ladleful of stock when the rice has fully absorbed the previous ladleful. Cook until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is slightly al dente.
* Add the peas, fresh mint, double cream and butter. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
* To serve, spoon the rice into a bowl and place the salmon flakes on top.